Tips & Tricks
- When you receive your sugar, we recommend you let it sit upright in a cool to room temperature space for up to 8-12 hours before opening the jar. This will allow it to reach a more optimal Sugaring temperature and not stick to the seal.
- Keep the room cool with air conditioning or apply in front of the fan.
- Make sure the skin is free of oil from lotions, scrubs or body oils when sugaring.
- Sugar Me Smooth sugar picks up shorter hair than most hair removal products. We recommend at least 3-5 days post shaving length (this may vary). If hair is too long it can cause discomfort. It may be necessary to trim some areas before sugaring.
- Sugar Me Smooth sugar naturally heats to your body temperature. However, if sugar is too firm or difficult to remove from the jar, you can heat the jar of sugar in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Please note, the first time you sugar, the hair follicles may have never been pulled out by the root before! With consistent sugaring hair comes back finer and thinner with slower regrowth. Over time the hair follicles weaken and the hairs come out easier with less sting and longer lasting results.
- If you are in a humid climate, you can either sugar in a room with air conditioning or stand in front of a fan. If the sugar becomes too warm, it will be very sticky. This can also happen once the sugar has been heated from body heat transferred from multiple reuses.
- If the sugar becomes too sticky and gooey while you're applying, do not continue tugging on your skin to get it off. This can cause discomfort and bruising. Simply scoop a new colder, harder piece of sugar and apply diagonally over the gooey area. Then always remember to flick fast. This will pick up all remaining sugar. In the event that nothing is working then simply wash the sugar off with warm water and start again with clean dry skin.
- Avoid sugaring when you are sweating; this can cause extreme irritation.
- Avoid sugaring directly after showering, or in the same room where steam can affect the consistency of the sugar.
- If you are prone to swelling or bruising, use caution, and avoid lifting or patting motions when sugaring. Also, remember to hold skin taut and FLICK FAST and DON'T PULL UP. Pull downward similar to removing a band-aid. Watching the How-To video as much as you need will aid in getting the technic down.
- Avoid significant sun exposure 24 hours prior to, and after, sugaring.
- If you are diabetic or allergic to sugar or lemons, please consult your doctor before sugaring.
- Sensitive skin is usually an indicator of dehydrated or dry skin. Exfoliate, drink lots of water, and moisturize faithfully days prior to sugaring.
- If redness occurs expect it to subside within only 15-30 minutes compared to several hours with waxing.
- Sugar Me Smooth will not remove natural tan like wax, but if you have a faux tan it may come off where applying Sugar Me Smooth.
- If you fling a piece of sugar onto clothing or the bathroom floor, quickly dab it up and it will attach to the larger piece of sugar that you are using. If the sugar doesn’t dab up quickly, don’t worry, it will quickly clean up simply by using warm water.
- Sugar Me Smooth effectively removes hair on chest, feet and back with the same steps outlined in the video demonstrating on other areas.
- Due to the thickness of men's hair, longer hair is preferred to allow sugar to adhere best. In order to avoid the discomfort of long hair tugging as sugar is applied, hair may be trimmed to no shorter than 1/4" (1cm) and still effectively remove hair.
- Sugar Me Smooth is not suggested for thick facial hair.
- Removal of back and neck hair typically requires the help of another person.