Because Sugar Me Smooth is so easy to use, sugar is rapidly becoming the method of choice by women for their hair removal. Be patient, it usually takes 2-3 sugaring sessions to master the Sugar Me Smooth technique. Once mastered, you will be on your way to always feeling natural, free, and beautiful. Everybody loves sugar… and yours will too!
We have included basic instructions and tips and tricks, but for best results view our instructional video and refer to it often.
- When you receive your Sugar, we recommend you let it sit upright in a cool to room temperature space for up to 24 hours before opening the jar. During shipping the Sugar can get left upside down or on its side, causing it to stick to the seal. If you allow the Sugar to settle in the upright position it will reach a more optimal Sugaring temperature and not stick to the seal.
- Clean and dry skin thoroughly.
- Using applicator, slowly apply sugar against direction of the hair growth three times.
- After third spread, hold skin taut and quickly flick applicator in the same direction of the hair growth fully removing sugar and hair from skin (the trick is to “flick” fast). To avoid bruising do not lift up.
- Continue using the same piece of sugar until it no longer removes hair easily. (i.e. entire leg only requires 1-3 golf ball size pieces of sugar/upper lip requires 1 marble size piece - this may vary).
- Using warm water, wash any remaining sugar from skin.
- To replenish and calm skin, use Sugar Me Smooth Soothing Solution.
*our original Flicker applicators, shapers, and strips are reusable and easily washed clean with warm water.
Tips and Tricks
- When you receive your Sugar, we recommend you let it sit upright in a cool to room temperature space for up to 24 hours before opening the jar. This will allow it to reach a more optimal Sugaring temperature and not stick to the seal.
- Keep room cool or apply in front of fan
- Sugar Me Smooth sugar picks up shorter hair than most hair removal products. We recommend at least 3-5 days post shaving length (this may vary). If hair is too long it can cause discomfort. It may be necessary to trim some areas before sugaring.
- Sugar Me Smooth sugar naturally heats to your body temperature. However, you can heat sugar in the microwave a recommended 10 seconds (this may vary).
- Avoid sugaring when you are sweating; this can cause extreme irritation.
- If you are prone to swelling or bruising, use caution, and avoid lifting or patting motions when sugaring. Also, remember to hold skin taut and FLICK FAST!
- Sensitive skin is usually an indicator of dehydrated or dry skin. Exfoliate, drink lots of water, and moisturize faithfully days prior to sugaring.
- Avoid sun exposure 24 hours prior to and after sugaring.
- If you are diabetic or allergic to sugar, or lemons, please consult your doctor before sugaring.